How are rich media ads different from other ad formats
If you’re looking into different ad formats or creating rich media ads to shake things up and elevate your ad game, stay here with us! We’ll help you understand what rich media ads are, what types exist that would fit your needs, the difference compared to other ad formats and we’ll provide you with a few real examples of rich media ads we have created!
What are Rich Media Ads?
Rich media ads are a type of digital advertisement that includes engaging features such as video, audio, or other elements that encourage viewers to interact with the content. While text ads sell with words, and display ads sell with pictures, rich media ads are more complex and allow for greater creative freedom. Rich media ads allow you to stand out amongst the crowd of text and simple display ads.
Types of Rich Media Ads?
- Banner (the most basic rich media ad format)
- Dynamic creatives (can change creative content spontaneously, either manually or based on content rules)
- Expanding (creative that expands beyond its original dimensions over the top of other page or app content)
- Interstitial (floats on top of a page's content or appears as a fullscreen ad during natural transition points in mobile apps)
- Lightbox (expanding creative works on desktop computers with a two-second mouseover and on mobile devices by tapping)
- Multi-directional expanding (MDE) (expands in multiple directions, depending on where the ad appears in the page)
- Push-down (expanding creative that pushes down the content of a webpage when it expands, moving the web page out of the way to display the ad)
- Video (can be included in all other formats)
- VPAID (Video Player-Ad Interface Definition), creative displayed in a in-stream video player, and typically includes video content.
The Differences to Other Ad Formats
Using rich media ads instead of regular ad formats allows you to experiment with innovative and creative ways to send a message. If you have never used them before, it is worth exploring how you can advertise your brand in a different way that can lead to an engaging user experience that leads to a higher interaction rate. Rich media ads can also result in increased conversions, click-throughs, view rates and better metrics than traditional ads.
As opposed to the diverse formats of Rich Media ads, Regular ads only come in a single .html, .gif, .png, or .jpg file format of 200K in size or less; with no video or expansion; and usually only tracks a single click-through link.
Rich Media Ads We’ve Created
Appetite has developed a variety of rich media ads using the most up to date technologies. We can create ad formats that go beyond your standard banner. Our custom ad units such as liquid skins allow rich formats to be served as programmatic advertising or direct advertising and drive results.
We helped clients who needed to create rich media ads to showcase their products in a fresh and attractive way.
For example, for Pandora we implemented whatsapp into their ad with a mobile interscroller product placement and another one for their new spring collection. For Adidas, we created a shimmer mobile ad to grab viewers’ attention when scrolling on their mobiles. We prefer to let the ads speak for themselves, so click the links!
Hire the Experts in Rich Media Ads
If you want your ad to stand out, reach out to us and hire experts in rich media ads. We can make your vision come to life with eye-catching ads that will break from the norm and get you successful results.
Contact us or email us at email@example.com. Talk soon!